Mum was so proud! Due to my hoarding… I mean, ‘collecting’, a writer from the Sydney, NSW newspaper The Daily Telegraph tracked me to do a little cross-promotion with their kids comic collection thingy they did a few weeks ago.
1. Kirby is named after Jack Kirby, not James Kirby.
2. The first comic I bought were actually from Woolongong, Thirroull to be precise.
3. I don’t ACTUALLY believe you can see ‘real’ super heroes in New York.
4. Spider-Man doesn’t fly.
5. I have no idea what the ‘he is fascinated Kirby…’ sentence means. I am guessing the sentence to supposed to parley that Kirby’s interest in comics and stuff comes from My interest.
6. I was never beaten up for collecting comics.
What we did get though, was some awesome pictures of Kirby and I in front of some of my collection, as can be seen in a few of the TWP YouTubes. The photographer who took them was a total professional and heaps of fun.
Here’s some of those pics now:
Sorry for that self indulgent interlude, back to the reviews again real soon.